Rice Crispy Cake

Decorating By koolaid Updated 21 Jan 2015 , 11:30pm by koolaid

koolaid Posted 21 Jan 2015 , 2:52am
post #1 of 3

AI am making a Rice Crispy Treat dinosaur cake and covering it it modeling chocolate. (That's the plan anyway) Problem is I've never built a cake out of Rice Crispy Treats before, I'm also trying to keep it a secret for my boyfriends birthday. How do I keep it fresh, enough to eat? And how far ahead can I make it? I'm also making a mini cake, out of cake, to go with it. A friend suggested I could make the cake cake ahead of time and freeze it. If so what do I need to do when it comes time to thaw and ice it?

This is my first cake project and I would love any tips or helpful hints. Thanks all in advance!! :)

2 replies
julia1812 Posted 21 Jan 2015 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 3

ANot sure if you'll enjoy eating rkt to start with. It's rice crispy and marshmallows, nothing I would call a cake. Are you aware of that? Why don't you make the dinosaur body out of cake and only the heat rkt? Anyway, to answer your question: Yes, you can make it well ahead of time. Freezing the decorated cake sounds like a good plan. It's no problem. I've never frozen mc though. Normally I cover rkt in fondant and that freezes well. Maybe someone else here has experience in freezing mc...

koolaid Posted 21 Jan 2015 , 11:30pm
post #3 of 3

AYes I was planning on making the Dino out of cake but my boyfriend isn't a big fan of cake. He loves RCT though so that's why I wanted to do the Dino out of it.

Is it better or worse to use mc verses fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%