Fondant And Rice Krispie Treats

Decorating By tmortiz Updated 31 Jan 2015 , 12:59am by savannahquinn

tmortiz Posted 20 Jan 2015 , 2:32am
post #1 of 3

AI'm attempting to use fondant for the first time. I've stayed away from fondant because I really don't like the taste...however, I'm making a cake that (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme), in my opinion, has parts that need to be made out of RKT because of weight (I figured that was my lightest option) and I'm going to try to cover the figures in fondant. After a lot of searching, I learned that I could make the figures the way in advance especially if they're not edible. So, now my figures are made and my marshmallow fondant is made and colored. ... my 2 questions are: Do I need to cover the figures with any type of fosting before adding fondant? How far in advance can I cover my figures with the fondant before it dries out? Thanks in advance!

2 replies
bakeforfun21 Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 3

You don't need to use the frosting before but you can. I didn''t and mine came out great. I made ps4 controllers. Have you tried the new wilton fondant? It's pretty good.

savannahquinn Posted 31 Jan 2015 , 12:59am
post #3 of 3

I'd just use modeling chocolate or a mix of modeling chocolate and fondant to cover objects. then you can add fondant details if needed.   You can also brush on a thin layer of melted wilton melts or I guess chocolate to help smooth out the RKT under fondant. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%