Taxes Dealing With Cottage Foods

Business By Luvon123 Updated 20 Jan 2015 , 6:11pm by MimiFix

Luvon123 Posted 19 Jan 2015 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 6

I bake from my home and sell fondant cakes. I have been very careful in making sure I follow all the laws within the Cottage Food Law for the state of Ohio. I was told that I need to file a schedule C is this correct and is there anything else that I need to be doing. I keep very good records of everything I have sold and of all my pruchases for my side business. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

5 replies
MimiFix Posted 19 Jan 2015 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 6

I'm impressed! Yes, use this form to show profit/loss for the year 2014. For all small businesses in the US that are sole proprietors, Schedule C and instructions. Check with your state to see if Ohio has any additional sales taxes.

Luvon123 Posted 20 Jan 2015 , 3:14am
post #3 of 6

AThank you so much!!! I appreciate your help greatly!!!! :)

nikki1227 Posted 20 Jan 2015 , 11:07am
post #4 of 6

Wow, I'm impressed too! I also work from home and also file taxes on my cake business. Not everyone feels the need to do such!

bikemom3 Posted 20 Jan 2015 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 6

AAm I correct in assuming schedule c is also used for single member llc?

MimiFix Posted 20 Jan 2015 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 6


Quote by @%username% on %date%