Showing My "face" Here Again!

Lounge By JodieF Updated 16 Mar 2015 , 3:44pm by cakegrandma

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 19 Jan 2015 , 2:25am
post #1 of 8

I was a regular around here for quite awhile, then my life turned into a soap opera.  You name it, it pretty much happened.....infidelity, credit card theft (the now ex) lawyers, court, lawyers, divorce (finally!), forced to sell house, no money, dog with cancer, huge stress, ulcers, huge weight loss (well, one perk I guess), moved to house half the size, perforated ulcer, major surgery, 7 weeks off work.
BUT, things are much better.  My life is vastly changed, but it's good.  My best news is that I have a beautiful, adorable and perfect granddaughter who's almost 11 months old.  My daughter had preecampsia and it was scary. They delivered Rosalyn 7 weeks early, but she has been healthy and perfect.  The baby actually arrived right in the middle of her baby shower!  We ended up using the "the party crasher" theme for her birth announcement!

Anyway, I'm glad to be back!  I hope there are still a few folks here that remember me!

Jodie

7 replies
Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 19 Jan 2015 , 6:36am
post #2 of 8

AI'm sorry this happened to you. It sounds like you've come out of it much stronger!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 19 Jan 2015 , 7:19am
post #3 of 8

AWelcome back! Sounds like a horrible story. Congratulations on the surprisingly early arrival of your granddaughter, lol.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 19 Jan 2015 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 8

Welcome back!   Sounds like you made it out of Hell, stronger and better.  So glad things are going well.

I love your little party crasher, she is precious.

So glad life is bright for you again.  

Hugs and Blessings.

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 23 Feb 2015 , 10:24am
post #5 of 8

Hi Jodie, your little grandaughter is adorable, nicest crasher ever!

Welcome back, lets get baking girl x

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 16 Mar 2015 , 2:37am
post #6 of 8

Welcome back Jodie. So sorry to hear about all of your problems. Let's hope that 2015 will be a better year for you. Congratulations on your granddaughter!! Keep  your faith and hang in there!!! Things are bound to get better for you!! My prayers are with you and yours!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Mar 2015 , 3:32pm
post #7 of 8

warm welcome back -- dang, girl -- i'm sure you can identify with this -- w churchill said, "if you're going through hell, keep going" -- glad you've made it to the other side skinnier and with a sweetie little grandbaby -- wow but you needed that -- hope you keep recovering and recovering and your health gets even better than before -- 10,000 blessings on you just for starters 

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 16 Mar 2015 , 3:44pm
post #8 of 8

Welcome back and congratulations on your granddaughter! It is amazing how strong we really are.... we become very dependant on spouses but when the chips are down we are the ones that emerge as the top dogs!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%