Commercial Oven For French Macarons

Baking By Kesmith1911 Updated 18 Jan 2015 , 4:05pm by MimiFix

Kesmith1911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kesmith1911 Posted 18 Jan 2015 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone! 

I currently have a Blodgett electric convection oven, but have only been able to bake one tray of macarons at a time.  When I try to put more than one, they usually deflate, and I end up with a sunken shell. I've read this is probably because of the humidity.  Since everyone is going macaron crazy lately, I'd like to be able to bake one more than one tray, and will be getting a new oven to keep up with demand. Just curious if anyone can recommend a good brand they've had success with cooking multiple trays.

Thanks for any comments/suggestions!

K

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Jan 2015 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 3

A[I][/I]I'm not going to be any help. I cant even bake multiple trays in a home oven. What I can tell from reading a lot, is that macarons are technique driven. Aged egg whites, fresh egg whites, straight from the fridge, room temp, small mixers, big Hobarts, stiring by hand or in the mixer, even different baking temps - there's an advocate for each. What seems to be true for the macaron volume bakers is that they've found what works for them and what they can duplicate.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 18 Jan 2015 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 3

All ovens are capable of baking multiple trays. Especially commercial ovens which are designed for producing quantity. I am amazed that you are only able to bake one tray at a time in a commercial oven. But as @leah_s has alluded to, there isn't always a simple universal answer since we all use different techniques, recipes, and ovens. I suggest that you contact Blodgett and request technical help. It's their job to help. They are experienced with their ovens and are customer oriented. Please contact them before purchasing an additional oven you probably don't need. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%