Photos Wanted Of Your Cake Room!

Business By shannycakers Updated 22 Feb 2015 , 4:00pm by lkern777

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 13

Hey guys! Im designing a cake kitchen and I would love to see how you all set yours up with your stainless tables and shelving and any organizing? I need ideas:) thank you!  photos anyone?? please!!!

12 replies
bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 13

I would like to see as well. I have the tiniest corner in my kitchen devoted to my cake supplies and I'm already out of room.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkern777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkern777 Posted 1 Feb 2015 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 13

I renovated my attached garage to be a commercial kitchen. It is about 380 sf.

shannycakers Posted 2 Feb 2015 , 12:50pm
post #5 of 13

these are great ideas everyone! Ikern777 what size of stainless tables are in the middle of your room! Love your space!  Do you guys find that if you store cake boards longer than 6 months they start to warp? I wonder if its the humidity in the basement or something... mine dont lay completely flat

lkern777 Posted 2 Feb 2015 , 1:42pm
post #6 of 13

AThe tables in the middle are 72"x30".

I bought a dunnage rack to go underneath one of them so I coukd store my cake boxes without having to put stuff on top of them. It makes it easier to get to them. Although the shlef underneath is adjustable, I wasn't able to get anyone to sell me just a single shelf to go under it for extra storage of short items. The dunnage rack worked out nicely though.

I haven't had any trouble with my cake boards warping.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Feb 2015 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkern777 

I haven't had any trouble with my cake boards warping.

I haven't had any warping either but my storage is inside the house. If you do get moisture you can bring the boards inside for a few days before using them and that should give them time to dry out.

shannycakers Posted 2 Feb 2015 , 1:57pm
post #8 of 13

ok thank you!!

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 13

Ikern 777.....what type of oven do you have? Do you like it? I love your shop.....I'm soooo jealous ;)

lkern777 Posted 3 Feb 2015 , 5:00pm
post #10 of 13

AThank you! I love my kitchen.

I have a Duke electric convection oven. It fits full size pans sideways. It it enormous! I do like it. I bought mine used off of eBay (local) so I got a great price on it, but we had to put a LOT of work into it and spent some additional money on it too. It keeps temperature like a dream, but the fan cannot be turned off, so it blows my batter too much sometimes. I have to turn my cakes to bake without one side being higher. Cupcakes are the same way.

I do think I would purchase it again, only I would buy it new.

Icscakes14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Icscakes14 Posted 16 Feb 2015 , 3:31pm
post #11 of 13

AWow! Amazing room!!

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 16 Feb 2015 , 5:53pm
post #12 of 13

AIkern777! That is an amazing space! You did a brilliant job renovating your garage into a beautiful shop! I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous.☺️

lkern777 Posted 22 Feb 2015 , 4:00pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icscakes14 

Wow! Amazing room!!

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndim 

Ikern777! That is an amazing space! You did a brilliant job renovating your garage into a beautiful shop! I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous.☺️

Thank you. Here is a sketch I did before starting. It changed a bit, but is basically the same. I had to submit a sketch to the health dept for approval before I could start any construction. It makes it look like there is lots more walking around space than there actually is, especially around the work tables. I must not have done the scaling right. :oops:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%