Edible Images Program

Decorating By jftbseguin Updated 20 Jan 2015 , 4:19am by icingimages

jftbseguin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jftbseguin Posted 14 Jan 2015 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 4

AHi all! This is my first post so I hope I'm doing this right. I recently purchased a d edible ink printer a d am now looking for a free program to edit my photos...specifically for different sized circles for cakes and cupcakes. I want to get a feel for things before investing in a program. HELP!! Thanks in advance! :)

3 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 14 Jan 2015 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 4

I think you just need a photo editing program (leave out the "edible"):

https://www.google.com/search?q=free+photo+editing+program&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 14 Jan 2015 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 4

Windows, Mac or Linux? Because depending on what operating system you have, the options vary. For instance for my photo editing I use Gimp and for layout I use Inkscape. Those two are free and work on Windows, but are made for Linux. They close on me in Windows when I choose fonts from a certain menu (sometimes randomly, sometimes not at all), but not in Linux.

If you just want circles, any basic program will do, heck even Microsoft Word will work if you use their Draw feature which lets you drag/draw shapes. Like shanter posted, a Google search will give you tons of options, but sometimes too many. I don't recommend "Paint" because the resolution goes down a lot (makes the picture grainy when you print it).

Also, if you have the Microsoft Office programs you can get free templates for labels and such. They may have some sizes you would use. Publisher is nice for layout (but I'm cheap so I use Inkscape, haha). Watch for sales on bundles too. My hubby just bought me Adobe Premiere and Elements for $100 on sale(cheaper than the student edition!).  Note: those are for photo and video editing, probably not what you'd want.

For beginners, I recommend Publisher.

For intermediate/advanced users I recommend Inkscape/Gimp.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 20 Jan 2015 , 4:19am
post #4 of 4

If you are our customer, we have a free program called iPrint which allows you to print directly on the precut circles.  I recommend you stay away from any document type program such as word because that program is designed more for documents and it can change the colors on you.  If you are not using our product, we also have another program called template designer.  Here is the link on Icing Images website: http://www.icingimages.com/iprint

All the information you need is there.  Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%