Ices Omaha, Nebraska - Should I Go?

Decorating By melbakescakes Updated 15 Jan 2015 , 2:56am by icingimages

melbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melbakescakes Posted 13 Jan 2015 , 4:47am
post #1 of 5

AHi all! I recently started decorating and am contemplating entering in the cake show! It seems like perfect timing as I live in Omaha but is it worth it? What sort of cakes are usually done in let's say the "tiered" category?

4 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 13 Jan 2015 , 6:50am
post #2 of 5

YES!    GO!   Like you, I was a cake decorating newbie in 2010 when the ICES Convention was held in my home town.  One of the best (and most fun) decisions I've ever made was to attend the convention.  At that time, ICES did not have a judging event for cakes, only a display hall.  Although I was terrified, I entered 2 cakes to be placed in the Display Hall.  Never regretted it for one second. 

Since the Convention is in your home town, you will save a fortune staying at your own home each night and not having to pay for travel and lodging.  This will come in handy because you will end up spending a fortune anyway because there is so much cool stuff to see and do.

And yes, enter a cake.  Go for it.

kaylasmom8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylasmom8 Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 12:16am
post #3 of 5

AWhen is this. I would just like to go look at all the cakes.

JanDunlevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanDunlevy Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 12:35am
post #4 of 5

AJuly 30- August 2, 2015. I, also, was a newbie to decorating when I attended my first convention in 2011. I haven't missed one since! GO!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 15 Jan 2015 , 2:56am
post #5 of 5

For more information visit www.ices.org

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%