Storage Of Supplies-- Ugh!!!

Decorating By MaurorLess67 Updated 12 Jan 2015 , 10:17pm by costumeczar

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 12 Jan 2015 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Guys--

It's been quite a while since I have posted, so I'm hoping that your many clever, great ideas can help me.

I am STRUGGLING with organizing and storing- in an efficient manner all my supplies, edible and nonedible.  I am trying to set up a spare room so that everything is easy to get to but not an eyesore either. I am a hobby baker and make maybe 10-12 cakes a year (approx).  I do enjoy it very much but just HATE the clutter- and I hate not being able to have easy access to my supplies.  I seem to always be tearing into bins and boxes looking for something-- ugh!!

I do have a bedroom armoire- with shelves and draws I can use-- I bought a wire rack from Home Depot (kind of an eyesore) and a bedroom closet-- the old kind- very small!!! ha!

Would you be willing to share your ideas, hacks and pictures with me?Pictures would be excellent as I process most information visually-  I am on the verge of hiring a professional organizor (expensive!!!) to help-- but would rather spend the money on---- ooh maybe an Agbay - an airbrush machine etc :)

I know this has been asked and answered before- I have been scouring the Net and the boards and can not find the old posts-

Thank you in advance for any and all inputs-- I am so looking forward to seeing pictures of your storage solutions, hacks and clever, neat ideas!!!

Mo

2 replies
mashy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mashy Posted 12 Jan 2015 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 3

AI have one of those rolling rubbermaid things with 6 drawers. Love it because it fits in the spare room closet and I can just wheel it out to the kitchen when I need it. Also have a shelving unit for the bigger bulkier stuff, and things not used on a regular basis. I'd take a picture but the closet is empty, we had to get into the attic and of course that's the only entry.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Jan 2015 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 3

Here are a couple of articles I wrote about my storage and other people's a couple of years ago. I love storage stuff.

http://acaketorememberva.blogspot.com/2012/12/business-monday-zones-for-storage.html

http://acaketorememberva.blogspot.com/2012/12/business-monday-other-peoples-workspaces.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%