Transformers Cake, How Much?

Decorating By Britterfly Updated 16 Jan 2015 , 3:15pm by Gingerlocks

Britterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britterfly Posted 11 Jan 2015 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 7

How much would you charge for this transformers cake (without the car doors on top & no blocks on the sides of the cake)? I took an order for a cake like this & the girl that ordered it canceled on me the day before AFTER I already baked, filled, & made all of the car pieces for the bottom tier. She lied to me, saying her kid was sick with the flu.... well the day of the party she posts (on facebook) tons of photos & a video of the kid with this same transformers cake made by someone else for cheaper. I am so mad, now I am stuck with cakes I'll have to give away & decorations I'll probably never use. Next time I will be getting a deposit from customers!

Here's a link to the cake...

http://www.erivanacakes.com/photos/undefined/bumblebee%20transformer%20cake.jpg

6 replies
petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 11 Jan 2015 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 7

Can't open the link for some reason. I don't just get deposits from my customers, they have to pay in full two weeks before for party cakes, and one month before for weddings. HTH

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Jan 2015 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 7

There's one rule that no one should ever break - "Do not turn on your oven until you are paid in full."

mcintyrepope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcintyrepope Posted 11 Jan 2015 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 7

AYes, agreed leah_s, do not start working on any orders until full payment has being collect. Have a contract made up and signed by each customer. The contract should state your cancellation policies. I dislike customers who think they can pull that on me. Your time and services are not free. Your business, you are in control.

Pricing is all up to you. The rate per hour at which you pay yourself, material etc. there are streams on hear that can help you with this. Once you've figured out your price, don't dought yourself. If that customer is for you, that order is for you. Let those others go. Bless you. Have great day

Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 11 Jan 2015 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 7

AWhy in the world would you accept a cancellation the day before delivery??

Britterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britterfly Posted 16 Jan 2015 , 2:57pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Knight 

Why in the world would you accept a cancellation the day before delivery??

I didn't "accept" the cancellation. She refused to answer me then deleted & blocked me so there was no way I could get any payment out of her or make her buy the cake with me. I simply should have received a deposit from her when she placed the order. She has ordered with me before so I never thought she would do that to me.

Thank you everyone for the replies! I have definitely learned my lesson & this will not happen again. Looks like you can't trust anyone now days.

Gingerlocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerlocks Posted 16 Jan 2015 , 3:15pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britterfly 

Thank you everyone for the replies! I have definitely learned my lesson & this will not happen again. Looks like you can't trust anyone now days.

I'm sorry that happened to you; just take it as a lesson..deposit, ,deposit, deposit (non-refundable of course). I’d be very curious to see what this “bargain” cake looks like too; just keep your chin up and move on :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%