Folded Fondant With Sugar Paper On Top?

Decorating By craftycakes0627 Updated 26 Oct 2015 , 12:48am by CakeryBakery

craftycakes0627 Posted 9 Jan 2015 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 6

Hi!  Working on a Steelers fan birthday cake and I am trying to figure out how the baker may have made this terrible towel with all the folds and writing.  It looks like and edible image on top of fondant but I have never seen and edible image fold like that.  Any help is appreciated!  Thanks all.

5 replies
-K8memphis Posted 10 Jan 2015 , 12:22am
post #2 of 6

looks like edible ink marker* and yellow piping to me

*americolor gourmet markers

costumeczar Posted 10 Jan 2015 , 12:35am
post #3 of 6

It might be a printed icing sheet, but I don't know how they drape. I don't think it's wafer paper on fondant because I don't think it would drape that well. The tiny tears on the bottom edges and the  way it's curling there make me think it was one of those icing sheets that's been peeled off a backing paper.

icingimages Posted 21 Jan 2015 , 3:51am
post #4 of 6

It is one of two things.  It is either one of Icing Images Premium icing sheet, we have yellow icing sheets that they could have printed on it to get that solid color look or the icing sheet was placed on fondant and shaped that way.  I believe however it is just the Premium Icing sheet.  Not all brands of icing sheets can pull that off.

CakeryBakery Posted 26 Oct 2015 , 12:48am
post #5 of 6

It was hand painted with edible marker.  Not an edible image or stencil.  It's regular Satin Ice fondant bucket yellow with a pinch of chocolate brown fondant.  We have a fondant sheeter, it's set to #2 as you don't want the fondant too thin or you could tear it NOR do you want it too think, it won't drape correctly  
That's my cake from several years ago...  

it's on my Pinterest page as well as website.

CakeryBakery Posted 26 Oct 2015 , 12:48am
post #6 of 6

It was hand painted with edible marker.  Not an edible image or stencil.  It's regular Satin Ice fondant bucket yellow with a pinch of chocolate brown fondant.  We have a fondant sheeter, it's set to #2 as you don't want the fondant too thin or you could tear it NOR do you want it too think, it won't drape correctly  
That's my cake from several years ago...  

it's on my Pinterest page as well as website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%