Your Logo

Business By bakernoob Updated 11 Jan 2015 , 7:27am by julia1812

bakernoob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoob Posted 9 Jan 2015 , 10:21am
post #1 of 6

I see so many cute and creative logos on some of your pictures and I'm just wondering who made them? Is there some website that I'm missing or is everyone that design savvy? 

5 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 9 Jan 2015 , 11:40am
post #2 of 6

Don't know about everybody else but no I'm not that design savvy a graphic designer I know helped me out.

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 9 Jan 2015 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 6

I made my first ones in Inkscape but got the new one made by an awesome graphic designer. If you've got a tight budget I recommend something like www.peopleperhour.com or www.99designs.com. Etsy have loads of stuff too.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 10 Jan 2015 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 6

AI designed my one. Wasn't the first logo I did and I'm working with PhotoShop since many years.

bakernoob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoob Posted 11 Jan 2015 , 6:39am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for your replies ladies :-)

810whitechoc that was the only thing I could think of but thought maybe not everyone. 

SugaredSaffron I have never heard of any of those so thanks so much. I can't draw much more than a stick figure so I can't see myself being able to design one by hand.

julia1812 other than photo editing I am terrible with photoshop!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 11 Jan 2015 , 7:27am
post #6 of 6

AYou don't have to be good at photo editing, you just need to be creative! Take a paper, pens and good music or whatever you need, sit down and start drawing. Obviously it should show a baking related something and your name. Make different drafts. Play around with different colors. Be aware that some colors are a no no for food ads/ logos, do internet research. Use windows word or so to look for fonds you like. And then, she you are happy, try to translate it into a soft copy with your computer or take it to a friend who's good at that or a graphic designer. You've done all the work, it won't cost much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%