Rice Krispie Treats

Decorating By jadaniya Updated 9 Jan 2015 , 1:01am by fortunee05

jadaniya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadaniya Posted 8 Jan 2015 , 1:28am
post #1 of 7

If I am using rice krispie treats on a cake how far in advance can I make them? I am planning on covering them with fondant. Also, how do you make it look smooth? This may be a dumb question but do usually eat the parts made of rice krispies?

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Jan 2015 , 3:26am
post #2 of 7

AI use ready made purchased rkt, so I'd say you can make them at least several days in advance. For smoothness I just made the &^#^& out of them. You'll want to coat them in a little BC for the fondant to stick. I'd eat them.

jadaniya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadaniya Posted 8 Jan 2015 , 3:31am
post #3 of 7

Thanks for the response! That helps a ton!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 8 Jan 2015 , 7:10am
post #4 of 7

AI make my own rkt. They keep well long, would say weeks for sure although I normally just make a batch I'm using for a specific design. I cut all the nasty lumps and bumps off with a knife and then apply RI to smooth it. To apply fondant use tiny amount of EG to stick it on.

fortunee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fortunee05 Posted 9 Jan 2015 , 12:08am
post #5 of 7

AHi everyone, new to posting on CC. Just had a question about RKT. First time covering RKT with fondant, I'm making a hello kitty cake topper and would like to know how to place de head and arms on the figure. Do i mold the whole figure in one piece (which I find hard)? Or do I make multiple pieces? But then how do i connect them to each other for them to stay sturdy?

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 9 Jan 2015 , 12:54am
post #6 of 7

you can connect the pieces (arms & head) with toothpicks or thin dowels or lollipop sticks (depending on the size & weight. add some melted chocolate to glue the connection

fortunee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fortunee05 Posted 9 Jan 2015 , 1:01am
post #7 of 7

AThank you so much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%