Bunnywoman's Buttercream

Decorating By CTrottman Updated 19 May 2016 , 7:57pm by Nancylou

CTrottman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTrottman Posted 7 Jan 2015 , 1:11am
post #1 of 9

AHello everyone. I just wanted to say that although this is my first post, I've been a long time lurker who really enjoy All the info provided and post. Although I've baked cakes on and off for the last 30 years, and have tried buttercreams Before, I gotta say that bunnywoman's mock shack buttercream is soo good!!! I used French vanilla creamer in mine and omg!!! It was so hard to stop eating.. Lol Anyway, I just wanted to say I enjoy this site , and I look forward to reading many more post in the New year. Happy New Year!!

Sent from my mobile.

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Jan 2015 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 9

happy new year, ctrottman, best of the best to you

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 7 Jan 2015 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 9

CTrottman~~Welcome to the forum!  I too LOVE Bunnywoman's Mock Shack and use it 90% of the time for my hobby cakes. 

If other forum members are interested, here's the link with the recipe for Bunnywoman's Mock Shack Crusting Buttercream:

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=135663&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 9 Jan 2015 , 11:39am
post #4 of 9

Happy New Year CTrottman thanks for sharing!

CTrottman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTrottman Posted 9 Jan 2015 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 9

AThanks everyone.

Nancylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancylou Posted 19 May 2016 , 3:10am
post #6 of 9

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I was wondering if anybody might know how to modify this recipe for other flavors.  This is my go to recipe, but I would love to know how to turn it into a Kahlua Buttercream for example.  Or Frangelico, or Grand Marnier.   I have searched and searched other recipes in hopes of modifying this one, but I am at a loss.

I thought maybe I would substitute the 3 Tbsp of extract with the liqueur, but it doesn't seem like it would be enough.  Most recipes call for way more Kahlua than there is liquid in this recipe. 

Please help.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 19 May 2016 , 7:17am
post #7 of 9

For Bunny's Mock Shack she said:

"You can mix and match up any flavorings that you like. For 4 pounds of icing, add in 4-6 drops Lorann oil flavoring and blend very well."

As for substituting 3 TBSP of liqueur for the flavorings, can't help you since I never add alcohol to my frosting.  Make a batch -- taste it.  If you have to add more liquid and it thins the frosting, add more powdered sugar.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 May 2016 , 10:53am
post #8 of 9

nancylou -- i'm with apti i don't know either but what i've ever done is use a simple syrup splash with the liquor in that brushed or squirted onto the baked cake layers as you fill & assemble -- it is infinitely more versatile and controllable so that's what's worked for me so i never changed it

Nancylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancylou Posted 19 May 2016 , 7:57pm
post #9 of 9

I have never added alcohol either Apti, but with all the talk in other threads about how popular some of those flavor profiles are, it piqued my interest.  That makes sense to just add more powdered sugar if it gets too thin. 

K8memphis, I have seen you talk a lot about Grand Marnier over the years and have taken notes here and there, but never really tried it.  I think the time has come.  

Thanks again lovely ladies. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%