Recipes And Organizing

Business By 4BIDDENSWEETS Updated 7 Jan 2015 , 5:25am by johnson6ofus

4BIDDENSWEETS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4BIDDENSWEETS Posted 6 Jan 2015 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 8

How does everyone store their recipes. Do you keep everything separated on a hard drive or do you print everything and then have binders made. Example: Cake, Frosting/Icings, Cupcakes, Cheesecakes.

All of your ideas I greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

7 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 6 Jan 2015 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 8

My computer recipe file was great...........until.........my computer crashed and everything was lost.

However all of the very best recipes of mine I print out, put in plastic notebook sleeves and put in notebooks.  that way I don't get my grubby fingers on the recipe and I can wipe off the plastic sleeve.  and I can put stickie notes on the pages to keep my place on complicated or new recipes.

FinerThingsB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FinerThingsB Posted 6 Jan 2015 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 8

Agree, I use a recipe box with large note cards with plastic covers. I hate following a recipe from the screen. I think it's easier to move a note card around on the counter rather than a computer, and then you don't have powdered sugar covered electronics.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 7 Jan 2015 , 12:01am
post #4 of 8

I have mine on the computer, of course, but I also have them on index cards in a photo album.  The kind that has the protective sheet to put photos (index cards) under.  That way they're protected, but I can grab one and put it where it's handiest to use.

I always keep a hard copy of every recipe. 

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 7 Jan 2015 , 1:26am
post #5 of 8

I can barely remember the days when I could use (and see the tiny words) on index cards.  I make all of my  full page recipe print outs on regular sized printer paper in an 18 size big fonts so that I can read everything without my glasses ........with my not-spring-chicken-any-longer eyes.  :roll:

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 7 Jan 2015 , 3:40am
post #6 of 8

AI do like MB and have printed out my favorite recipes and put them in plastic sleeves and keep them in a binder. I put recipes that interest me in google docs so they cannot be lost because of computer failure. As I try them out I print the ones I love and add them to my binder.

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 7 Jan 2015 , 3:44am
post #7 of 8

AI use a 3-ring binder with plastic sleeves. I can remove the pages and/or sleeves easily & quickly. It's easy to reorganize the pages if I need to, as well.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 7 Jan 2015 , 5:25am
post #8 of 8

I too, prefer "hard copies". And most of mine get hand written notes/ modifications. Like adding extra cinnamon, or what size pan worked great (cheesecake), or other quick notes. Eventually, I rewrite them "clean" with the modifications accounted for.. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%