Olaf Figurine

Decorating By tootiefruity Updated 8 Jan 2015 , 8:12am by roxylee123

tootiefruity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootiefruity Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 6

I wanted to share with you the Olaf that I did back in November for my granddaughters 7th birthday cake. I typically can take a picture and create something similar or identical to what I see, so that's exactly what I did with Olaf. Here is the picture I used.

And here's the picture of what I made.

Of course, by the time I got the cake to the party and setup, I'd accidently hit and broke the center hair twig, but the cake was a big hit and I received over 50 likes and comments, and so far, one order being delivered today. Not a Frozen cake, though. A camouflage cake which I can't post until Monday because it's a surprise cake for my customers son who is 29 today.

Here's the cake all put together. Enjoy! Thanks, Fran

5 replies
KitchenEmpress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenEmpress Posted 7 Jan 2015 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 6

Beautiful cake :)

tootiefruity Posted 7 Jan 2015 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks KitchenEmpress. There was a lot of work involved in make all the components, but I was very happy wit how it turned out, as was everyone in attendance at the party and the over 50 likes and comments I received on Facebook. I'm glad you like it. Fran

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 7 Jan 2015 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 6

Lovely cake and fab figures I used the exact same picture for reference when I did my frozen cake in november, I found Olaf really tricky. They were only my third and fourth ever figures, can I ask what king of paste you used for them, I used fondant with tylose added and a couple of bits broke on them when transporting. It was for my mum so it didn't matter to much but it was annoying after all my hard work. Her is a photo of mine 

tootiefruity Posted 8 Jan 2015 , 1:58am
post #5 of 6

Hi Roxylee123...You did a very good job. You can check out my Facebook Album at https://www.facebook.com/frances.gill.58/photos_albums to see all the work I have done.  I regained my interest in cake decorating in 2012, after taking a 35 year life redirection. So, I have done a lot of trial and error trying several different mediums to make figurines. I've picked up lot of different techniques from online tutorials, both free and on Craftsy.

As for the figurines, I used gum paste for these. I'd be happy to tell you how I did them. Just let me know. You can email me at [email protected]. Look forward to hearing from you. Do you have a website or Facebook page?

Fran

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 8 Jan 2015 , 8:12am
post #6 of 6

Thanks tootiefruity that's very kind of you, I will email you. I can't look at your facebook page as I am not a member. I can't stand facebook. I am just a hobby baker and have been cake decorating for about three years now, I have some of the craftsy classes and use the you tube a lot for tutorials but would love some tips.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%