"frosting" Transfers

Decorating By New2CakeIndus Updated 3 Jan 2015 , 5:29pm by -K8memphis

New2CakeIndus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
New2CakeIndus Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 6

I have several clients that are dairy-free. Will using Crisco and/or margarine work for making a frosting transfer?

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 6

you have to read the labels -- crisco should be ok -- oh but you mean will the icing work -- yes it will -- made with crisco for a transfer -- margarines and spreads are weird products some have too much water or strange things in them --  but that's mostly for when you're baking with them -- they should also be fine for icing transfers --

best to you

New2CakeIndus Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 6

Crisco is dairy-free. What I want to know is will it work as well as buttercream for the transfer?  I have only tried making it w/Crisco and found that it did not freeze (not sure if a real buttercream completely freezes).

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 6

what's a real buttercream? idk --

crisco buttercream will freeze

New2CakeIndus Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 6

I've read several articles about it being 50/50 butter/crisco not 100% crisco - so that's why I'm asking

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 6

'buttercream' is an all inclusive name for any recipe that incorporates fat, confectioner's sugar,  flavor and usually a liquid -- so there are ten thousand recipes for it -- it is not just one thing -- even if there is no butter and no cream it is called 'buttercream' to the dismay of the purist

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%