Shipping Cupcakes?

Decorating By cupcakemamma79 Updated 2 Jan 2015 , 11:11am by -K8memphis

cupcakemamma79 Posted 1 Jan 2015 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 9

I just started my own online bakery and was wondering what the best way to go about shipping frosted cupcakes by the dozen?

8 replies
AZCouture Posted 1 Jan 2015 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 9

ANot sure, but isn't the most important thing to have nailed down to a fine science before launching? I don't get it.

-K8memphis Posted 1 Jan 2015 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 9

there might not be a best way to do this -- cupcakes are kind of like bar b q sandwiches --- short shelf life -- if it's any type of buttercream icing it needs to be frozen in transit or you'll end up with a wilted mess --

for example coffee cake is easily mail-able as is cheesecake becasue they freeze and defrost well - but frosted cupcakes -- maybe... idk i wouldn't ship frosted cupcakes myself

-K8memphis Posted 1 Jan 2015 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 9

you could ship them frozen with the icing frozen also to be applied after they arrive but methinks the cupcake craze is dying down

shanter Posted 2 Jan 2015 , 12:27am
post #5 of 9

I'm trying to understand why someone would order cupcakes online and getting them frozen and having to pay for shipping when they could just buy cupcakes locally......

MimiFix Posted 2 Jan 2015 , 12:41am
post #6 of 9

Yeah, that's the important thing. Who would buy your cupcakes?

leah_s Posted 2 Jan 2015 , 4:26am
post #7 of 9

ACan you even ship across state lines without an FDA license? But maybe you have that. That kitchen inspection is no joke.

Norasmom Posted 2 Jan 2015 , 5:45am
post #8 of 9

Seems like it might be cost-prohibitive unless you are a big-box distributor.  I was thinking dry ice maybe?  

-K8memphis Posted 2 Jan 2015 , 11:11am
post #9 of 9

Afedex and i'm sure ups does too have a kit for shipping things frozen -- if you've ever received anything like this frozen you know the packaging costs way more than the product unless you're getting meats or something -- maybe someplace like uline sells the packaging too

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%