How To Make A Treasure Chest

Decorating By joyfullnoize Updated 30 Dec 2014 , 12:53pm by joyfullnoize

joyfullnoize Posted 30 Dec 2014 , 4:17am
post #1 of 4

Need some help, folks.

I am doing a Jake and the Neverland Pirates cake...on 11 x 14 sheet cake.  Could someone please tell me, what would be the best way to make a treasure chest, to put on top of the cake.....not too big, just something to accent the cake with.

Thank you anybody who can help!!!

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 30 Dec 2014 , 4:40am
post #2 of 4

How big do you  want it?  On top of the sheet or made from the sheet w/the chest being all of the cake used?

To go on top - bake a sq cake - the smallest sq  you have - and cut it in 1/2, stacking the two pieces.  Round the top by cutting off the long edges and adding the cut off pieces to the top.  Ice the top well to hold the pieces together.   This will give you a closed chest.  Make trims (handles, lock, hinges etc) from fondant sausages. 

If you want an partly open chest you can put one 1/2 of the cake on a foam core board held up by straws or dowels (in the front corners) iced to 'hide' them then pile candy and decorations  around to hide them further.

johnson6ofus Posted 30 Dec 2014 , 6:13am
post #3 of 4

Are you doing a 2D (flat) design or a 3D sculpture?

joyfullnoize Posted 30 Dec 2014 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the responses.....sorry, I should have mentioned, that the treasure chest, I would like to do a 3D.

Thanks, this is a big help!

Jocelyn :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%