I want a new one and wanted to see which type and length is popular on CC

Rod

Rolling pin

Wooden

Marble

Stainless steel

Silicone

Glass

If you use multiple types please share their material, uses and length.

4 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 11:49am
post #2 of 5

I use a 19.5 inch wooden french rolling pin (like your first one).  It has a good weight and I love it.

I also have a 19.5 silpin (silicone french rolling pin) but I got it after my wood one and I have not really used it because I love my wood one and the wood one is weightier.

I used a marble one with ball bearings in the handles for year until it got a chip in it but I like my wood one heaps better.

I do, however use 'The Mat' nowadays so I don't have to worry about things sticking to it.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 12:57pm
post #3 of 5

AI have 3 wooden pins, a shorter but heavy one with handles (use it mostly), a very long one for huge fondant stuff/ cakes (also with handles) and one with plates on the side to get equal hight, but haven't used it yet as I just got it a couple of days ago...

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 5

I just use the regular white Wilton ones! The big one and the small one.. work great!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 3:42pm
post #5 of 5

My rolling pins each have a set purpose. But for all around functionality, the silver/black on the right is a good multi-purpose pin. It's lightweight and easy to clean. The glass pin is filled with ice when the kitchen is too hot. The large wooden one is heavy and works best for croissant and Danish doughs. The small wooden pin is the perfect size for my grandaughter.

I also use this one-handed rolling pin when my hands don't like to cooperate. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%