Friday Night Cake Club For 12/19/14

Decorating By catlharper Updated 26 Dec 2014 , 3:35pm by mattyeatscakes

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 20 Dec 2014 , 1:45am
post #1 of 19

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their weeks, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if possible. 

REMINDER: There will be no FNCC next week on Dec 26 but will return again the following week on January 2nd.

Cat

18 replies
catlharper Posted 20 Dec 2014 , 1:47am
post #2 of 19

Hi everyone! Other than Jack's cake, which I already posted this week, I have only made other goodies for Christmas. I made a bread Santa, Brownies and learned how to make Chocolate Churros! But no cake.

I'm heading out the door to a family event but will be checking back in here later tonight...and, of course, tomorrow morning over my coffee!

Hope everyone had a great week!

Cat

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 20 Dec 2014 , 2:15am
post #3 of 19

So happy to say that I have no more cakes until January 11th.  I'm officially on winter sabbatical and can finally get organized around the house.  Tomorrow is cookie baking time.  Happy Holidays to all.  Rest up.  2015's wedding season is just a few months away.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 20 Dec 2014 , 6:36am
post #4 of 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeniseNH 

So happy to say that I have no more cakes until January 11th.  I'm officially on winter sabbatical and can finally get organized around the house.  Tomorrow is cookie baking time.  Happy Holidays to all.  Rest up.  2015's wedding season is just a few months away.

Same here, my next order isn't until January 3rd!  This is my first order free week in a while but with Christmas coming there's been plenty of stuff to make for the kid's teachers and friends.  I've been concentrating on making something fun.  I decided on marshmallows.  These are coffee flavored marshmallows with chocolate stripes and sprinkles to be festive.  Today I made raspberry and then green tea flavored marshmallows.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 20 Dec 2014 , 7:44am
post #5 of 19

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.  

SOS Save Our Santa.  Santa is in trouble again.  This year he has crashed into a termite mound in the Northern Territory and busted the top of it. The termites are not happy.  Then after crash landing most of the presents have spilled out of the sleigh.  As if that  wasn't enough, Rudolf is up to mischief and poking a stick into the termitaria to aggravate the termites even more

I've been a bit slack about checking in or posting my photos lately.  This is my SOS Santa for this year.  There is a little bit of a blurb under it, explaining.  If you are interested click on the photo.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 20 Dec 2014 , 8:37am
post #6 of 19

ALol, what a funny cake story about Santa's crash landing, cazza1! I am also done with cakes for the year *sigh*. Yesterday I had my last big (and very successful!) craft fair. Had a little german christmas cookie stall next to my other stuff to advertise my cakes and cupcakes (i couldn't bring samples, just had my portfolio there) which sold out in no time!!! Now I'm on holiday till 2015! Yeah

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 20 Dec 2014 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 19

ALol love the santa story!

This is a cake I made as a present for my daughter's teacher

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3314770/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Its my last cake this year, unless I make myself something for my birthday (boxing day) but I'm not feeling inspired!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

cara1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cara1982 Posted 20 Dec 2014 , 5:15pm
post #8 of 19

A[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3315031/width/200/height/400[/IMG] I haven't even started christmas cakes yet! I'm still doing birthday cakes... This customer changed their mind on the design 48hrs before the delivery date. Thankfully it was for a friend!!

julia1812 Posted 20 Dec 2014 , 6:41pm
post #9 of 19

AHehehe, speaking of birthdays...my friends got me one of these super fancy (and expensive) rolling pins with adjustable hight wheels on the sides. Wanted one forever and actually would have been handy to have had one to make the cookies (which I made 2 days before my birthday!). Rolling sugar cookies in 90'F isn't fun to start with, not getting them equally thick is pure pain. And I made 300! I love your cakes, petitecat and cara. Making presents for the teacher is sooo British, lol! I have to get used to that now

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Dec 2014 , 7:02pm
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazza1 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.  

SOS Save Our Santa.  Santa is in trouble again.  This year he has crashed into a termite mound in the Northern Territory and busted the top of it. The termites are not happy.  Then after crash landing most of the presents have spilled out of the sleigh.  As if that  wasn't enough, Rudolf is up to mischief and poking a stick into the termitaria to aggravate the termites even more

I've been a bit slack about checking in or posting my photos lately.  This is my SOS Santa for this year.  There is a little bit of a blurb under it, explaining.  If you are interested click on the photo.

you always have the best 'story' cakes -- awesome work -- i love all the action -- the details are amazing -- great stuff, cazza

and merry christmas to you and yours

AileenGP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AileenGP Posted 20 Dec 2014 , 8:13pm
post #11 of 19

Love everyone's cakes! Only macaron orders/holiday baking till New Years and no cakes till Jan 24... Though I'm happy to have been busy every weekend for so long, I'm equally grateful to finally have a break.

catlharper Posted 20 Dec 2014 , 11:23pm
post #12 of 19

Looks like everyone is looking forward to their breaks! I'll be cooking up a storm this week but no real baking involved! LOL!  

@cazza1 HYSTERICAL Santa cake!

@Pastrybaglady those look SO yummy

@julia1812 Looks like a whole bunch of goodness there! I have one of those fancy rolling pins too! I never use it with the wheels, sad to say, but it's nice and heavy and works very well for fondant!

@petitecat That is one lucky teacher! My son is at the age where he has 7 different teachers now...no one single one to reward. I sorta miss those days.

@cara1982 I know several girls in my family...grown up and little...who would just ADORE that Princess cake!

@AileenGP Macarons are my new favorite cookie this year. I adore all the colors and flavors!

Lots of chocolate stuff for me this year, starting with my Christmas Fudge. One of those things I could never get away with not making for the holidays! 

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas (or are enjoying a very Happy Hanukkah right now) and HAPPY NEW YEAR! See you all back here on the 2nd!

love,

Cat

sha1col Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sha1col Posted 22 Dec 2014 , 11:06am
post #13 of 19

AThese are cupcake I made for work since we're having an entire Christmas celebration week!

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3315363/width/350/height/700[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3315364/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 22 Dec 2014 , 11:38am
post #14 of 19

Yum, sounds like my sort of workplace.

catlharper Posted 22 Dec 2014 , 4:46pm
post #15 of 19

@sha1col I do miss having those weeks in an office. This week we are at our younger daughters house and celebrating that way. I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and a pumpkin muffin and later will be on the beach and then the Santa Cruz Boardwalk! So my own "Christmas in the Sand" which couldn't be more perfect for me. Tomorrow is Christmas Cookie day and our older daughter and our granddaughter will be joining us and the family will be complete! 

Merry Christmas!

Cat

julia1812 Posted 22 Dec 2014 , 7:48pm
post #16 of 19

AVery cute cupcakes!

Lol, will be out on the boat tomorrow for sundowner Christmas carols! And no orders until next year (except one). Isn't this the best time of the year??? :-D

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 4:50am
post #17 of 19

AI'm going to squeeze this in!! For my baby girl's 11th month birthday! Hope everyone had a jolly merry christmas :) [IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3316115/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

julia1812 Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 5:22am
post #18 of 19

AOMG mattyeatscakes, please tell me those are plastic ⛄ and

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 3:35pm
post #19 of 19

A@julia1812 hahaha those are santa and snowman salt shakers under a fish bowl (new of course)!!! But the bottom is made from melted candy melts, my first time making one so i'm so happy with the outcome! ;) thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%