Christmas Bauble Cake!!!

Decorating By AshleyRene Updated 17 Jan 2015 , 6:28am by AshleyRene

AshleyRene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AshleyRene Posted 17 Dec 2014 , 7:33am
post #1 of 4

AMaking a Christmas bauble cake this weekend, I planned on using my wiltion soccer ball pan, but I have never used both sides of it before I need my cake to sit as round and firm as possible to look realistic so I planned on holding each layer up but I am a little worried about it looking flat on the bottom. ... if anyone has any tricks or secrets to achieving this it would be very much appreciated.. [IMG ALT=""]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3314067/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

3 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 17 Dec 2014 , 9:46am
post #2 of 4

ATry searching for soccer cakes on this site, there's good suggestions about spherical cakes there. Also, in your picture there is a ribbon/scarf wrapped around the base of the bauble which will cover up any flaws at the base. You could cut a thin slice off the base to have it sit flat, and this will also be camouflaged.

sweettoothAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothAZ Posted 17 Dec 2014 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 4

AI would have a center dowel to be safe along with cutting a small portion off bottom. You can also attach to base with royal icing or chocolate for added security. I had a soccer ball cake roll in a clients car and will never forego the dowel again.

AshleyRene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AshleyRene Posted 17 Jan 2015 , 6:28am
post #4 of 4

AThank Yall so much it turned out great! And oh my goodness on the soccer ball rolling, it is not a good feeling when all that work goes on the floor board, I had something similar happen once and now I make sure not to slip that step either! How you both had a merry christmas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%