Vanilla Cake

Decorating By juliana4sam Updated 16 Dec 2014 , 11:15pm by -K8memphis

juliana4sam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juliana4sam Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 8:08am
post #1 of 13

ACan someone help me with a perfect recepie for vanilla cake?

12 replies
juliana4sam Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 13

ASomeone helped me with a recepie but I can't find it anymore :(

juliana4sam Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 13

AI need the recepie it's urgent please.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 13
juliana4sam Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 13

ANo:( a recepie was sent to me

juliana4sam Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 13

AThanks

juliana4sam Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 8:28pm
post #7 of 13

A@MBalaska[/@]

juliana4sam Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 8:29pm
post #8 of 13

ACan u help me with any?

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 8:30pm
post #9 of 13

If it was sent to  you on a cc.com pm just go to your 'Private Message' page and pull it up again.  Who sent it to you?  they may have posted it in the recipe section and you can do a search for those as there are hundreds of vanilla cake recipes.

juliana4sam Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 9:04pm
post #10 of 13

AThanks MBalaska.....i found the person that sent me the recepie and sent a private message I hope she replies. thanks for the help:) *(hugs*)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 10:31pm
post #11 of 13

two excellent formulas -- the first one is fluffy the second is more dense --no copyright infringing -- i re-wrote the directions for this cake -- and this was published in the newspaper -- 

These ingredients are published in The New Doubleday Cookbook and they call it appropriately, White Wedding Cake--however it is a little golden in color - egg yolks & real vanilla - so i call it

Golden Cake ;)

6 cups sifted all purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups milk at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 # butter or margarine or 1 1/3 cups margarine with 2/3 cups vegetable shortening
(the margarine is not vegetable spread)
4 cups sugar
8 eggs at room temperature
2 teaspoons lemon extract (or sub vanilla)
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind (optional)

Preheat oven to 325. Sift flour with baking powder and salt and set aside. Combine milk and vanilla and set aside. Cream butter until light, add sugar gradually, continue to cream until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in lemon extract (and rind). Add dry ingredients alternately with milk beginning and ending with the dry and adding about one sixth of the total at a time. Beat just until smooth. Spoon into 1 ungreased 13" and 1 ungreased 7" pan lined on the bottom with wax or parchment paper filling no more than half full - this is a high-rising batter. Bake larger layer 60-65 mins until it pulls from the sides of the pan and is springy to the touch. Cool upright in pan on wire rack 10 mins then loosen and invert on rack peel off paper turn right side up and cool thoroughly. If you make 3 batches you get two 13", two 7" and two 10 " layers. Make cupcakes with any leftover batter. This is from The New Doubleday Cookbook 1975.

Real good cake. And this recipe is not real fussy - can be halved/quartered. Excellent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also for a non-leavened cake:

Chanlette's Pound Cake

• 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 6 eggs
  • 3 cups flour*
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla**

cream sugar and butter really well-- add eggs one at a time -- add vanilla --alternately add flour & cream -- beat on about speed 4-5 for two minutes after all in incorporated --

do NOT preheat oven -- place in cold oven 350 degrees for 70 minutes -- makes about 8 cups of batter if memory serves -- fits in a 10 cup bundt pan -- *if you use all purpose flour it's a heartier cake -- using cake flour gives a finer crumb -- **i add a lot of vanilla ;)

there are several variations of this formula -- google 'cold oven pound cake'

best baking to you!

-K8memphis Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 10:43pm
post #12 of 13

oh and the tweaked sylvia weinstock one that somehow got deleted/disappeared --

http://stylecaster.com/sylvia-weinstock-cake/

to that recipe add one quarter cup of flour --

i do not separate the yolks from the whites and beat them separate -- mix it like the golden cake recipe -- cream butter and sugar add eggs one at a time -- adding in the sour cream/vanilla instead of the milk between additions of the flour/dry ingredients -- then beat it for 2 minutes -- if you have a ka type planetary mixer don't go over speed 4-5 so you don't incorporate too much air and have holes in the final product -- and you can delete 3 of the yolks to get a whiter cake if you want -- this cake does not spring back fully to room temperature without being microwaved a bit so you don't want to refrigerate it after it's iced --

best to you -- hope this one doesn't get deleted on you!

-K8memphis Posted 16 Dec 2014 , 11:15pm
post #13 of 13

juliana4sam post #12 has the sour cream one -- i hope this translates across the continents to you -- i was glad to re-write it since the post seems to have evaporated?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%