Bettercreme Frosting

Decorating By holaj Updated 4 Jan 2015 , 4:22am by remnant3333

holaj Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 1:42am
post #1 of 9

I am new here, although I read these threads frequently. Forgive me if this is in the wrong area.

I was hoping for some help of other retailers that sell Bettercreme. I have bought it at Sam's before and today the ladies in the bakery (both have only worked there for a few months), told me they have never seen Bettercreme. She offered me a pail of Walmart But-R-Creme but I prefer the more whipped frosting and less sweet.

Thank you in advance.

8 replies
julia1812 Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 8:07am
post #2 of 9

AHi. I think you are talking of buttercream, right? There are different types and you can make them easily at home from scratch in about half an hour or less. There are lots of great recipes here on cc, just check them out. Otherwise I can't help. Don't know where you live and which brand you are looking for. If you specify that, maybe someone else here can help...

leah_s Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 10:58am
post #3 of 9

ANo, Bettercreme is a real product. Sams usually has it. GFS also has it. It frequently comes in a carton and you whip it like whipping cream. Look around the dairy section. Brand name Is Rich's.

julia1812 Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 12:38pm
post #4 of 9

AOh...lol! Okay.

shanter Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 12:05am
post #5 of 9

I don't know where you are, but around Seattle it is found at Cash 'n' Carry.

Also see

http://www.cakecentral.com/t/601193/bettercreme-fun

holaj Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 9

AStill striking out :/ the bakery ladies were extremely unhelpful at Sam's saying they could not order it. I can purchase the liquid bettercreme at GFS but I prefer the pre-whipped. Thanks for all the suggestions though!

remnant3333 Posted 3 Jan 2015 , 8:21pm
post #7 of 9

I live in Chas, SC and I can not get better creme made by Rich's either. I just normally do whip cream and stabilize it. Makes a really great icing!! I use Wilton's recipe for stabilizing the cream.

Naivohw Posted 4 Jan 2015 , 2:34am
post #8 of 9

Do you have a Kroger or Kroger-owned grocery chain where you live? I work for one and we carry and sell Bettercreme (pre-whipped) in the bakery. If you need red or green especially, they'd probably pay you to take it, based on how many cases we had shipped out over Christmas! I'm still trying to make a dent in our backstock :p

remnant3333 Posted 4 Jan 2015 , 4:22am
post #9 of 9

We don't have any Kroger stores anywhere here in Chas SC or any Cash and Carry stores here either. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%