Lace Icing

Decorating By Sugar8Spice Updated 9 Dec 2014 , 3:13pm by Natka81

Sugar8Spice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar8Spice Posted 5 Dec 2014 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone worked Sugarveil Icing? I'm looking to make a lace accented cake, but have not used the product yet.

I love the fact that it is vegan and chemical free, but want some feedback before ordering. 

Thanks! :-D

5 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 7 Dec 2014 , 12:41am
post #3 of 6

APersonally I would leave sugar veil and buy cake lace by Claire Bowman. From my experience, it was a far easier product to use. I never made the sugar veil mix but from what I heard, it was very fiddly...cake lace is dead easy. It's a UK originating product but as far as I know, it's now being sold in the US to...

Sugar8Spice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar8Spice Posted 9 Dec 2014 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 6

AThanks ladies! Have you personally tried Cake Lace? I've heard of it, but I have also heard it does not taste very good. Comments?

Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 9 Dec 2014 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 6

I've used it and loved the stuff.  I thought it tasted quite nice to be honest...almost marshmallow-ey.  One of the big benefits of it is that it doesn't dry out like sugarveil did and stays soft.  I think it is also much less stiff so you can make it look more like real lace.

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 9 Dec 2014 , 3:13pm
post #6 of 6

I have used Cake Lace by Claire Bowman, I like it very much. It tastes ok, but why would you want to eat that? It is like gum.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%