"coffee Cake" Description For A Recipe

Baking By Kadee18 Updated 5 Dec 2014 , 12:41am by winniemog

Kadee18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kadee18 Posted 4 Dec 2014 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 3

I once had a "coffee cake" that was like no other I have had before.  It was gooey, heavy on the butter and sugar and was constructed in a way that created deep divides in the cake so that rivers of butter and cinnamon sugar would lazily drift from one end of the pyrex pan to the other.  

I have not found a recipe anywhere for this cake and the woman who made it guarded it like a treasure.  Any insight would be very appreciated.

Thank you, Kadee

2 replies
freesia777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freesia777 Posted 4 Dec 2014 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 3

What you describe sounds absolutely divine!

You could try something like this:

http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/01/cinnamon-roll-cake/

I've made this once and when it is warm, it is extremely gooey.  Not exactly lazily drifting rivers of butter, but I bet depending on how much/little you swirled the cinnamon topping, you might be able to get a similar effect.

(When cool, it tastes like a "regular" coffee cake, but when warm, it is amaaazing!)

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 5 Dec 2014 , 12:41am
post #3 of 3

AThat's an amazing cake. There's a thread about it on here somewhere....have a search. I added some cream cheese to the frosting at the suggestion of someone, and it really took it to another level. Yum, even if this isn't the cake you remember, it's worth a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%