I have a delimma and that is, I cant seem to melt the candy for cakepops without burning the candy. Ive tried melting it slowly in the microwave, on the stove top with a steam bath, even with a little bit of oil and still the same problem. Am I using the wrong candy wafer?
Edible Arts by Nu'Nu
Ait will melt in the sun without the microwave or simmering water -- chocolate/candy melts simply need time not high heat --
should not use steam just mildly simmering water -- even a tiny amount of water, a droplet of steam for example will cause your product to seize --
so give it very mild heat and a lot of time
APut candy wafers in the microwave for 30 seconds. Take them out and STIR THEM. Candy wafers hold their shape even when they are melted. If your wafers burn, they passed the melted stage quite a while ago.
ADo not use heat option but defrost
Here is a tutorial that might help. It uses the microwave method
We used Merckens Candy Coatings for this tutorial, however it is pretty standard for all candy melts.