Vinyl Tubing Inserted In Cake For Decorating

Decorating By catgirl Updated 4 Dec 2014 , 7:06am by winniemog

catgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catgirl Posted 3 Dec 2014 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 6

I'm baking a dialysis machine cake.  The picture that the woman gave me shows plastic tubes coming out of the machine.  I'm wondering if I can use clear vinyl tubing.  I bought some at the hardware store and am wondering if it would be safe to insert into part of the cake.  Thoughts??

thanks.

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Dec 2014 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 6

i don't think it would be a problem -- you could wrap the part that touches the cake in some foil or plastic wrap to ensure it though -- y'know wash it really well of course --

i'm just curious as to the occasion for a dialysis machine cake -- i once worked at a place that made all sorts of medical apparatus including internal/external body parts --

catgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catgirl Posted 3 Dec 2014 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 6

AShe is a nurse who works in the dialysis unit and she's having a Christmas party for the other staff in the unit.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Dec 2014 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 6

that makes sense then -- hope all goes very well --

but isn't it a little creepy in a way -- i often found it a little/a lot off putting -- i mean like all the parts of your lungs and pancreas and iv bottles and blood and hypos and i think i've blocked a lot of it thankfully -- idk was not my favorite subject matter -- and medical peeps really go for this stuff   ~shiver~

SkisandBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SkisandBakes Posted 4 Dec 2014 , 12:37am
post #5 of 6

AWhat about using tubing that is used for making beer? Then it would be food grade and you wouldn't have to worry about contacting the cake.

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 4 Dec 2014 , 7:06am
post #6 of 6

ANow I have an image of this cake with brewing tubing filled with beer......looking for all the world just like a dialysis machine filtering urine.....thanks for that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%