Good Or Bad Idea To List Prices Online

Business By catkoko Updated 2 Dec 2014 , 12:20am by costumeczar

catkoko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catkoko Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I am a newbie.  I hope this is not a dumb question. I have created some popular themed cupcakes/cakes, like mini mouse, hello kitty, frozen olaf, minions and special seasonal ones, like halloween, x'mas. I wonder if it's a good idea to put prices as well as pictures online (for example, a dozen x'mas themed cupcakes for $58).  I notice most websites don't have price info.  I wonder if it's a bad idea to put prices online but I am too new to the business to know it.  Any advice please?  Thank you.

V

2 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 3

It's a good idea because it weeds out customers that think you will make them a dozen cupcakes for €12 and saves you a lot of unnecessary phone calls and emails.

Having said that, its a bad idea to sell anything with copyrighted characters on - it's against the law, unless you have permission from the copyright holder, or are using licensed plastic toppers and stuff from companies like Deco Pac.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Dec 2014 , 12:20am
post #3 of 3

For things like that where you have a fixed price, go ahead and post, but also be aware that Minnie Mouse, Minions, Olaf and Hello Kitty are all trademarked characters that you're not legally allowed to sell unless you have a license from the trademark owner,  so you shouldn't be selling those at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%