Searching For Recipe Out Of Old Betty Crocker Cookbook...

Baking By mrsfowler88 Updated 1 Dec 2014 , 1:17am by cakebaby2

mrsfowler88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfowler88 Posted 30 Nov 2014 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 9

I had my mother's Betty Crocker cookbook when I was younger (unfortunately it was lost during one of many moves) and I am trying to find a specific recipe. I haven't been able to find a version on the internet so I am hoping someone may have it at home. It was for a Whipped Cream Cake, and I believe there was a chocolate and yellow version. Not sure of the exact year it was included in but the book I had was from the 70s. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

8 replies
denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 30 Nov 2014 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 9

Was it called Whipped Cream cake or was that what your family called it?  I have my BC printed in 1983, copyright 1978 and 1969 but nothing called whipped cream cake.  What do remember about it that was distinctive so I could look for it under another name?

denetteb Posted 30 Nov 2014 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 9

I skimmed the cakes and nothing I could see has whipped cream as an ingredient.  I also looked in my 1973 Pillsbury cookbook and didn't see anything there.

Wonderlandplay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wonderlandplay Posted 30 Nov 2014 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 9

AMrsfowler88, I found a recipe called "yellow whipped cream cake" in my old betty crocker cookbook. There is also a chocolate version on the following page.

mrsfowler88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfowler88 Posted 30 Nov 2014 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 9

A@denetteb-the name in the cookbook was Whipped Cream Cake. You whipped the cream and folded in to the other ingredients. @Wonderlandplay-that sounds like the recipe. Is there any way to scan it or copy it and email it to me? I would be so grateful!

denetteb Posted 30 Nov 2014 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 9

Nothing like that in my books, sounds like Wonderlandplay has it for you.  Hope it is what you have been looking for.

Wonderlandplay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wonderlandplay Posted 30 Nov 2014 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 9

I will give it my best shot.  Do I email to you just by clicking on your user name?  I am new to this site.

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 12:58am
post #8 of 9

I found both for you.  Sent you a pm

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 1:17am
post #9 of 9

Miracles in action sisters. That was wonderful of all of you x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%