I Desperately Needed The Richest And Best Chocolate Cake Recipe

Baking By nursechef Updated 1 Dec 2014 , 1:04pm by kkmcmahan

nursechef Posted 29 Nov 2014 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 9

I've been trying so hard to find the best recipe for chocolate cake but i always ended up having too sweet, too dry, and not so good to finish type of cake. Anybody has their own tested recipe that works like a charm? I will be making a Ferrero Chocolate cake tomorrow and need your help guys badly. Thanks

8 replies
Pastrybaglady Posted 29 Nov 2014 , 7:17pm
post #2 of 9

ATry using the search button in the upper corner and you'll find tons of recipes, otherwise there is no substitute for doing your own trial and error in your own kitchen. Took me some time and tweaking to find my chocolate cake husband, good luck finding yours!

enga Posted 29 Nov 2014 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 9

Here is one the best chocolate cakes that I ever made and it's vegan! Hope you like it.

ps there's a glitch, line your pans with vegetable shortening to be truly vegan :)

sweettooth101 Posted 30 Nov 2014 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 9

I have  used the chocolate chiffon cake for years and everyone loves it. If you are interested check it in one of my posts.

good luck.

I have recently made the mayonnaise chocolate cake and its good too and the other one is Barefoot contessa's   Beatty's choc cake but has coffee in too which not everyone ;ikes.

Style Me Sweet Posted 30 Nov 2014 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 9

Athis is by far the best I have ever made niw im giving away my secrets but I hope in return I cen get the best vanila or white cake recipe. try this one and look for yourself I absolutely love it with chocolate ganache. [URL]http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3092/ultimate-chocolate-cake[/URL]

its extremely moist quite Crumley but cand substitute 100g of muscavado to 80g golden caster sugar to get it more stable when cutting pirtions of finished cake. its ok for slicing when its cold but when room temperature it falls a bit so I found this change very useful.

cakebaby2 Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 12:59am
post #6 of 9

Mine is very "fudgey" but is rich and dark with choc pieces stirred in by hand before baking. I use it for black forest as it takes liqueur well if you like

.4 oz sr flour

4oz  cocoa powder

60z castor sugar

6 oz butter or marg

1tsp baking powder

2 med/large eggs

2 handfuls good quality choc chips.(add after batter is mixed)

Beat all together (except choc chips) and bake in two sandwich tins or one Swiss roll tin for 20/25 mins at 180

usual allow to cool a little in tin and then turn out on wire rack.

This keeps really wel.l and sandwiched with black cherries and chantilly cream with a little Kirsch makes a beautiful gateaux.

cakebaby2 Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 1:25am
post #7 of 9

Forgot to add, this is a moist dense, very rich cake..not for kids and not overly sweet.

My own grandson loves it and can spot a meanie chocolate cake at a mouthful (aged 4..so cute he's actually horrible..and I mean that, cant stand old kids)

Torted it is very variable, with orange, and cointreau cream  or raspberry and framboise... or more dark choc ganache?

cazza1 Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 2:47am
post #8 of 9

Make a chocolate mud cake.  You will never want ordinary chocolate cake again.  There is a whole thread full of recipes on mud cakes on this site.

kkmcmahan Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 1:04pm
post #9 of 9

All of these recipes sound good and a mud cake is one I am anxious to try.  Just to throw another option out there, you might consider taking the craftsy class, Decadent Chocolate Cakes.  Alice Medrich teaches it and her 'Flo's Cake' is truly to die for.  It has very balanced flavors, I love it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%