Doing An Event This Weekend And I Have No Idea What To Charge

Baking By mykatielynn1111 Updated 27 Nov 2014 , 5:53am by thecakewitch

mykatielynn1111 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 4:10am
post #1 of 3

I am tired of feeling ripped off because people don't understand that they can't call me a week before to get a cake, NOR can they get a cheap cake from me anymore.  I have pretty set prices, and some repeat business, and get calls all the time thanking me for my AWESOME baked cakes and cupcakes....

BUT, someone is sponsoring me to do and event this weekend, and I am making 400 cupcakes for it.  I am also making some snowflakes, christmas trees and stars out of candy melts by hand, and the other decorations I will be putting on the cupcakes are petit-four presents and candy canes....

HOW MUCH SHOULD I CHARGE...I have NO problem telling people to go to Walmart if they want Walmart cupcake and cake prices...HOWEVER, I don't want to come home without making any money after a week of no sleep preparing for this last minute event, NOR do I want to have hundreds of cupcakes left over..I got a few christmas boxes to hold 4 cupcakes, but you can't get any cheap boxes around where I live, and I don't even know if I will have time to go get any 6 or 12 boxes, and the local grocers and Walmart wont sell me any around the holidays :((((

I was thinking we should advertise that this is a SPECIAL weekend and sell them for $2.50 each, but my husband thinks I'm NUTS...I have already put in over 30 hours getting ready....

Has anyone ever been a vendor at an event?  And if so, what do you charge? I don't believe in the old charge "three times what it costs to make it" rule, especially since all the edible decorations take forever to make...??

I need any and all suggestions, please!!  

2 replies
julia1812 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 5:02am
post #2 of 3

ANuts because you charge too little or too much?

thecakewitch Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 5:53am
post #3 of 3

AYou are using 'hot' words and phrases in your first ever post, I call troll. If not, there is no clear question.

Quote by @%username% on %date%