Cricut Cuttlebug And Wafer Paper

Decorating By skyy815 Updated 9 Jan 2015 , 12:07pm by icingimages

skyy815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skyy815 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 3:04am
post #1 of 3

Can you use wafer paper in the cuttlebug? I was thinking about getting a cricut but don't know if I should just keep putting money back for the cricut cake or since the cuttlebug is cheaper if I would be able to go with that. Thanks

2 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 4:13am
post #2 of 3

AIf it cuts printer paper, it can cut wafer paper :)

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 9 Jan 2015 , 12:07pm
post #3 of 3

Hi there,

A few things to consider before making choices to purchase any type of cutter to be used with food.  First of all, is it food safe.  Do not cut (no pun intended) corners here you are dealing with high pressure and metal and if it is not the correct type of metal then slivers of metal can go in to your paper, then on to your cake.  In addition, all metals are not food safe and should not come in contact with food.

Icing Images sells two types of cutters and they are for two different audiences.

The cutters I am discussing cut wafer paper and icing sheets.

Electronic cutters:  We choose the Silhouette.  The blade is food safe.  The blade the Cricut uses is food safe.  We went with the Silhouette because of the features.  It allows you to cut just about ANYTHING you have in your computer.  You can also create your own design.  The software even allows you to use your edible printer to print and then the Silhouette can Cut what you printed out - using the software provided.This machine can cut wafer paper and icing sheets.  For this machine, you have to be able to use its software.  So if you are comfortable on the computer then this puppy is for you as your options are limitless.

The Spellbinders Sweet Accents for Icing Images is the only cutter of its type that was specifically designed for food.  The machine, the parts the cutting dies and the embossing plates are all food safe.  This is so very important because these types of machine use high pressure to cut.  A lot of people think using wax paper between the blade and the paper is enough. NO IT IS NOT!  You must use a product that is deemed food safe and made out of materials that are safe to use in your kitchen.This machine uses cutting dies and embossing folders to create beautiful designs out of wafer paper and icing sheets.  From simple machines to complex designs, this machine does it.  It is sold through Icing Images and made by Spellbinders.  Icing Images is Spellbinders only distributor of this product.  If you have a Grand Caliber from Spellbinders, you can purchase food safe boards from Icing Images to safely convert your machine!  Since this machine does not use a computer you are only limited by the large amount of dies available from Icing Images.

I hope this explains things well and if you have any questions, I will be glad to assist you the best I can. Thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%