Thank You

Decorating By Shazza65 Updated 23 Nov 2014 , 6:37am by SweetDreams98

Shazza65 Posted 23 Nov 2014 , 3:49am
post #1 of 3

AI'd like to extend my most heartfelt thanks to everyone who contributes to this amazing, global, dysfunctional cake family. When tasked to make my son's wedding cake, after the initial panic, I found this site. I've spent months pouring over everything, reading what seemed like a gazillion threads; had a good giggle at some and have quite frankly been horrified at others.

Your generosity in sharing your craft is to be commended. I've found nothing but honesty and a willingness to help anyone and everyone. Sure it's not always sunshine and daisies, but hey, neither is the real world. Sometimes we need to hear harsh truths, especially if we want to grow and be better humans.

I've learnt a few things about myself along the way, with the most important being that I will never, ever consider this as a career. One cake and I was a nervous wreck for a week and I'm pretty sure I used up my lifetime allowance of bad words, tears and tantrums. Kudos to those of you who do earn your living this way. How do you stay sane?

I cannot believe the extraordinary talent you offer to a sometimes unappreciative world. I will now go back to drooling over cake photos from afar and wishing for one tenth of your abilities .

Thank you from the bottom of my heart

2 replies
Apti Posted 23 Nov 2014 , 5:01am
post #2 of 3

On behalf of the many, many darling people on this site, "You are most welcome!"  Your wedding cake is glorious!   Well done, swear words and all. 

SweetDreams98 Posted 23 Nov 2014 , 6:37am
post #3 of 3

Wow, you should be very proud of yourself for that being your first wedding cake!  You did an amazing job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%