Help.... Steve From Minecraft Cake

Decorating By Carter85 Updated 21 Nov 2014 , 10:45pm by Carter85

Carter85 Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 4

AHello! Really hoping someone can help...!

Currently having a major stress and meltdown...!

I have been asked to make a Steve from minecraft cake. They would like him sat down which may sound easy but have no idea how to construct without it falling over, not being 'sturdy' and looking a total mess!! I also want it to look fab and taste good. I know I could use dowels etc but struggling to work out where to start with the whole thing

Any help of suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance

3 replies
fondantslinger Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 4

Hello,

Go to Pinterest, there's dozen's of examples of cakes you could view.......including sitting down ones.  Steve from Minecrafts & most things about him are in block form it seems.........Mix up some rice crispy treats with a bit of marshmellow & form him in separate pieces.Cover in fondant.  Make the body part actually resting up on the cake & just add the legs to the base of it laying on the cake (it would be 90 degrees or L shaped) then just add block arms & block head.........

Check out Pinterest - you'll do fine

fondantslinger Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by fondantslinger 

Hello,

Go to Pinterest, there's dozen's of examples of cakes you could view.......including sitting down ones.  Steve from Minecrafts & most things about him are in block form it seems.........Mix up some rice crispy treats with a bit of marshmellow & form him in separate pieces.Cover in fondant.  Make the body part actually resting up on the cake & just add the legs to the base of it laying on the cake (it would be 90 degrees or L shaped) then just add block arms & block head.........

Check out Pinterest - you'll do fine

If this has to be done ALL in CAKE....check out Bronwen Weber's sight..her shop sells armatures for things like this to help with support.

Carter85 Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 4

AAh thank you... I think I am just stressing at the thought of it! I'm used to cakes having 'models' etc that I can get ahead on. This one seems a lot needs to be done all in one go to construct it and finish all in one go if that makes sense.

Thanks very much for your help and comments, had a quick look on pin interest and there are some amazing cakes!

Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%