Nj Bakers - Commercial Kitchen

Business By Cakewishes

Cakewishes Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 1

Good Morning/Afternoon To All You Great Bakers:

I live in Middle***, NJ, and I have been decorating cakes for a while now and was doing it professionally before I understood the legality about the NJ Cottage Laws and home bakers.  Plus, I also have pets and realized that even if there were NJ Cottage Laws, I would still either have to build a section onto my house - which is not possible since I live in a town home development - or give up my dogs, which quite honestly is not an option for me.  I tried very hard looking for commercial kitchens to rent but had none remotely close to me and some of the restaurants in my area would not rent out their kitchen on their closed hours, so my only other recourse was to stop selling my cakes and just bake for family and friends for special occasions.

All of this got me to think that there were probably many wonderful NJ bakers out there in my similar situation and so I have been mulling over the idea of perhaps opening up my own commercial kitchen  which would allow me to have my own business, as well as sell my cakes legally and also help other NJ bakers make their dreams come true in selling their edible works of art that are in my same predicament.

Before beginning a business plan and the legalities all this would entail, I thought I would go to several cake forums to reach out to NJ bakers and see if there would be any interest/need in renting commercial kitchen space.  If some of you NJ bakers can reach back out to me and let me know if this is something that you would be interested in if it was available to you and your location (county/town).  Knowing where the majority of those interested are located would also help me in finding a great location.

Thank you so much for letting me reach out to you and I thank everyone in advance for giving me your feedback.

Best,

CakeWishes

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%