2 Tiered Wedding With 200 Cuppies...

Decorating By skyy815 Updated 23 Nov 2014 , 12:54am by kakeladi

skyy815 Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 2:30am
post #1 of 4

Hi all!! How do you think I should I start this? should I bake the tiered cakes first and freeze? how many days ahead can I bake the cakes and cuppies? Ive done 100 cuppies with a 2 tiered, but kinda freaking about 200! and I have to make roses and mums for the cuppies! Any advice would be extremely welcome! Thanks!!

3 replies
bubs1stbirthday Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 7:19am
post #2 of 4

You could make the cakes weeks in advance and freeze them. Same with the cupcakes as long as they are wrapped really well.

I have made and frozen buttercream roses then defrosted and then transported onto a cake while they were still frozen so that is also an option for you if you don't want to ice all those cakes at once. You pipe them onto baking paper squares individually and freeze them - when you are ready to use, don't defrost just peel the baking paper off and put on the cake.

I don't know how it would hold up if you iced the cupcakes directly and froze them iced though as I haven't tried that. If you do freeze the buttercream flowers make sure that they are wrapped really well and I wouldn't do them too far in advance as they seemed to get freezer burn taste (I think) after about 1 week.

I would freeze them in layers then stack while frozen - as you transport them to the cupcakes while frozen they shouldn't get damaged as long as you are gentle. You do need to work quickly as they defrost really quickly. 

skyy815 Posted 22 Nov 2014 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 4

thank u!!

kakeladi Posted 23 Nov 2014 , 12:54am
post #4 of 4

You can use b'cream for air-drying flowers and make the flowers far in advance.

It's simple to make air-drying b'cream - just add about 1/2 cup royal icing to 2 cups thick consistency b'cream.

The *less* fat (shortening/butter etc) used in making the b'cream the better for air drying.

Make your flowers and let them sit UNcovered overnight.  That's it.  NO freezing; NO covering them; just let the air dry :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%