I Need A Memory Expert To Remember Where To Find This Decorator.

Lounge By MBalaska Updated 19 Jan 2015 , 6:54am by Pastrybaglady

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 4:36am
post #1 of 12

Just a small request in the lounge.

Since I've lost my ancient run down computer with it's many favorites (websites, tutorials,  business pages, cake info) trying to rediscover and tag the favorite places is keeping me busy.  There was one website with a speciality for making  the prettiest sheet and round cakes. Mostly buttercream cakes decorated with brilliant colorful fondant cut outs, so that the top of the sheet cake could almost tell a story.   I have Sharon Zambitos DVD and website, but this is another decorator who has posted several cakes in the gallery.

I know how sheet cakes are not popular with everyone  "no makie sheet cakie"  and all, but this lady was a genius with her cakes whether they are round and rectangular.  It was a business website, there was probably a facebook page also.  I just opened a facebook page so I could store my few nice cakes and hook up to all of the dozens of great decorators and follow them.  The next time my computer breaks down and dies, I'll not lose all the good stuff as the facebook page wont' disappear with my favs, my photos, and all of my links.

anyhow I'm finding almost every link except this one. Maybe she's even a decorator here on CC? If luck holds someone will remember her, and introduce me to a few others that I've yet to know.:) 

11 replies
thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 4:59am
post #2 of 12

AIs it Corrie Cakes?

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 5:46am
post #3 of 12

I would be very interested to find out as well.  Making cakes purely for pleasure I am not interested in making multiple tier cakes.  And single tier are much more common where I live anyway.

MBalaska Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 7:30am
post #4 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecakewitch 

Is it Corrie Cakes?

Exactly right @thecakewitch Yes it is.  You got it in one.   Thank you.   This is a really fun website for sheet cake and one layer round cakes.  I see that there are some beautiful tiered round cakes also.  @cazza1  hope you enjoy these cakes also.

https://www.facebook.com/CorrieCakes

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 9:44am
post #5 of 12

AWow those cakes are amazing, the designs are fantastic and they are so beautifully and cleanly executed. Think I'm going to be spending a bit of time on her page! Thanks [@]MBalaska[/@]

MBalaska Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 10:24am
post #6 of 12

You're welcome.  I'd drawn out a simple draft of the dreaded anniversary sheet cake grrrrrrrrr with this designers cakes in mind.  I'm still in a gloomy fuss about that one.  So I thought that if I found her page again, Maybe her beautiful cakes would inspire me a bit.  (and all of that work making pretty flowers and leaves goes the wayside) :ouch:

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 12:35pm
post #7 of 12

@Mbalaska, what`s you face book page?

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 1:37pm
post #8 of 12

Oh, so good to see good cakes that are only one layer high.  I don't know what you yanks have against single tiers.  I take that back, I do.  Tiered cakes are easier to design so that they look impressive.  Single tiers need more imagination.

MBalaska Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 11:05pm
post #9 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natka81 

@Mbalaska, what`s you face book page?

no business page, and no business for me.  I'm just a home baker with most of my photos on the CC album on my page here.  I've posted lots of my disasters and flubs also.

I'm pretty good at making messes and sharing my bloopers with my fellow bakers here for laughs.  I 'laugh' a lot at most of my decorating.........:)

You have some sweet cakes on your facebook business page that you've posted on facebook.  Very pretty.  Hopefully you'll get some more followers and lots of business.

Wishing you much success and prosperity!!

MBalaska Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 11:19pm
post #10 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazza1 

........... Single tiers need more imagination.

which I am lacking in spades.......if only artistic talent were something that you could catch like a head cold.  :D

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 11:42pm
post #11 of 12

AThanks Mbalaska, lots of business, maybe later 4-5 years from now. Right now it's lots of messing around with dummy cakes, SMBC, fondant and gumpaste.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 19 Jan 2015 , 6:54am
post #12 of 12

A[quote name="winniemog" url="/t/780721/i-need-a-memory-expert-to-remember-where-to-find-this-decorator#post_7561750"]Wow those cakes are amazing, the designs are fantastic and they are so beautifully and cleanly executed. Think I'm going to be spending a bit of time on her page! Thanks [@]MBalaska[/@][/quhote]

No kidding, her work is incredibly clean and precise! One day when I grow up I want to be like her!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%