Conflicted About Education

Business By cupcakewarrior Updated 17 Nov 2014 , 1:29am by MBalaska

cupcakewarrior Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 6

I have always had a passion for baking and I have already attended culinary school. I am trying to decide if it would be a good idea to go to school for baking... is it worth it? would it be better to just get a job at a bakery and learn from there or go to school first?

5 replies
thecakewitch Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 6

AIt depends on what your ultimate goal is and what you know now. Do you just want to learn about baking? Do you want to be a Pastry Chef? Do you want to have a cake business?

cupcakewarrior Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 6

I want to know everything there is to know about baking and pastry (: I want to be able to decorate cakes, cupcakes, and make amazing yummy treats with confidence, long term I dream of having my own bakery I am just not sure which path to take to get there.

-K8memphis Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 6

one of the cool things about baking/decorating is you can do it in your kitchen all day long -- if you want the rounded out knowledge of all things pastry school -- get a text book from a pastry school curriculum and have at it -- grab your favorite cookbook or get your favorite recipe online -- nothing in your way -- one step at a time -- 

pastry school would be a blast i'm sure but it's optional

cakebaby2 Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 12:11am
post #5 of 6

Great advice K8 your own kitchen is the one place to play without anyone knowing the mistakes and having fun into the bargain.

Classes would be great too I just never had time to take any when the kids were small.

You go for it cupcakewarrior if its something you really want to do.

MBalaska Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 1:29am
post #6 of 6

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1453891277/?tag=cakecentral-20+buntin 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1770401741/?tag=cakecentral-20+fix

why not get yourself started with a few of the cc pros books about the business@costumeczar & @MimiFix    just a thought as these are two very successful business women.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%