Tinted Buttercream Wedding Cake

Decorating By CakesByCeci Updated 15 Nov 2014 , 11:14pm by Dayti

CakesByCeci Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 7

Hello Everyone !! Okay I need some assistance ASAP. I have an upcoming wedding cake order and the bride loves the contrasting look you see here. How would you suggest i could come up with this color. The bride does not want fondant, but a traditional buttercream cake with a royal icing lace design. I have 3 weeks to figure this out !! Im stuck

6 replies
-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 7

idk -- first one could be a pinky beige or a pale mauve or wisteria color the second one looks like dark ivory or a dusty peach or?

the first one is probably a stencil applied onto fondant but you could do that by making a stencil and mark your cake with it then pipe over smooth crusted buttercream --

the second one could be piped or cut out on one of those cricket/silhouette machines and over piped or could be real thin fondant or sugar veil over piped -- you can get there with buttercream or royal too

CakesByCeci Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 7

I have decided to use a stencil for the actual design.. but im not sure how to get this coloring. 

-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 7

what color is it? 

-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 7

if you use wilton ivory color you can match the second photo

-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 7

i mean even at that -- the second photo is three different shades of that color too

Dayti Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 11:13pm
post #7 of 7

AI would say that Wilton Ivory would get you to the second cake colour. Its almost caramel but the Ivory will work if you use enough of it. And for the top cake, start with Ivory and add a pink colour. Starting out with Ivory and then adding regular colours usually give more "vintage" tones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%