Logo/font For Cupcakes

Baking By icsbakedgoods Updated 15 Nov 2014 , 3:20pm by Jenny BakesAlot

icsbakedgoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icsbakedgoods Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 4:56am
post #1 of 6

AHi guys. New here :) I've had a barber shop ask me to do some cupcakes for his 1 year opening anniversary and they will have his barber shop name on them, the font exactly the same. How will I go about doing this. What can I do to get the font exactly the same (I'm assuming you can't get cutters in every font possible) and would I use royal icing? TIA

5 replies
Jenny BakesAlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny BakesAlot Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 5:47am
post #2 of 6

Assuming that you don't have an edible image printer, I would use edible image circles, frosting sheets, wafer paper or sugar sheets (translucent)  and trace the logo with an edible marker.  You can first scan it and print it to the correct size.   If you don't have time for ordering online, you can get sugar sheets and a circle cutters (usually in scrapbook section) at most craft stores.

icsbakedgoods Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 7:54am
post #3 of 6

AThank you for replying and for the advice. I will most probably use edible images if the customer is ok with this. However is there anyway I can pipe the name myself? Would royal icing work, and make my own toppers?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 10:09am
post #4 of 6

Asure you can pipe it - just gotta practice

icsbakedgoods Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 6

AWhat would I use, royal icing? Buttercream would be too soft I think

Jenny BakesAlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny BakesAlot Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 6

Not sure how thick the letters are, but you can do a frozen buttercream transfer by printing the logo out backwards and tracing in on wax paper.  Then flip it and put right on the flat iced cupcake.  Or with the royal icing, trace on wax paper and  let it dry for a couple of days.  It's hard to say without seeing the logo.  Good luck!  :grin:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%