Expanding Help

Business By mandyklug10 Updated 11 Nov 2014 , 12:46pm by MimiFix

mandyklug10 Posted 10 Nov 2014 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 5

AHi there! So I'm an at home baker and stay at home mom to my 2 yr old daughter. I have the itch to expand my business but I don't know how or what to do!? I don't really have the finances to open a store but would love to! I have about 750 "likes" on my facebook page and business seems good but I want more! I want my name out there! This is my calling! Any suggestions or information would be great!! Thank you!

Mandy:D:-D

4 replies
Natka81 Posted 10 Nov 2014 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 5

What is your facebook page name? I am new to cake decorating, but not new to baking, I am just curious, visiting CC member facebook pages to see what they bake and how they decorate their cakes.

mandyklug10 Posted 11 Nov 2014 , 3:57am
post #3 of 5

AIt is Make it Sweet by Mandy.

reginaherrin Posted 11 Nov 2014 , 4:15am
post #4 of 5

First, stop taking pictures of your cakes in the box.  You want to have a good picture of your cakes.  Second, get a website.  There are tons of cheap, easy to build websites out there and they make you look more professional.  And then from there, just advertise a bit.  Opening a storefront bakery is a ton of work and a lot of startup costs.  If you are doing good now and have a young daughter I would wait until you have everything in order and have more time to commit to your bakery.  So just keep working on your cakes to improve the quality of your work and work on your business plan.

MimiFix Posted 11 Nov 2014 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 5

Nice cakes Make it Sweet by Mandy. I agree with @reginaherrin, especially with writing a business plan. Good luck! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%