Need Help!

Decorating By kay12 Updated 8 Nov 2014 , 4:10am by julia1812

kay12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kay12 Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 1:48am
post #1 of 5

AHi everyone! I'm new on this website, and I love it already. Today I would like to ask for some advices and tips, my daughters birthday is next week, and I'm going to make her cake (I took some cake decorating before basic curse) I have the fondant already but I'm so nervous to mess it out :( I don't know what kind of cake should I use, I don't know what kind of buttercream is better, and the worst part is if I can't make the cake I don't have any money to buy a cake) please help me! Thanks in advance.

4 replies
Gold Star Mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gold Star Mom Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 3:19am
post #2 of 5

I think you should buy a store bought cake and add your own handmade fondant decorations to it. That's the easiest. Next easiest is to doctor a box cake. Just add applesauce to it it and extra vanilla. Buttercream is just a room temp butter and powdered sugar and vanilla. Look on this site for tutorials. Good luck!

kay12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kay12 Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 3:45am
post #3 of 5

AThank you so much for your response gold star mom! I saw your profile pic, my husband is in the military too! And that's the reason why this birthday is so special, because my daughter didn't want to celebrate her birthday last year because her daddy was deployed. :( I'm so sorry for your loss ma'am.

Gold Star Mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gold Star Mom Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 4:03am
post #4 of 5

Thank you so much for your kind words, and for your family's service to our country also. I'm glad for your husband's safe return. I hope all is well. Your daughter will love any cake you make her, so you can't mess it up, ok? Watch how to videos on youtube for free and you can quickly learn. The cake can be any box mix, nothing special needed. You just make your buttercream, then crumb coat the cake (google that). Watch videos on youtube on how to do fondant, and cover up mistakes with piping or flowers or other decorations. You will do fine. My sons always loved whatever I did for them. She will, too because you're a good Mom~

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 4:10am
post #5 of 5

AKay12, I'm still a nervous wreck today making my kids birthday cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%