Big Step

Decorating By Beatrice Rhoda Updated 8 Nov 2014 , 5:39pm by Bitzidee

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 3:14pm
post #61 of 65

A

Original message sent by -K8memphis

my post is neither directed at the good constructive criticism nor at the good clean straight forward hard hitting advice in this thread -- 

it is directed at a handful of unfortunate back handed remarks -- while dispensing/receiving good advice that op asked for and obviously welcomes/appreciates -- [I]some[/I] posters take advantage and say unpleasant things -- then right on cue op stands up for herself against a [B]certain few[/B] ugly remarks they then try to shame you for not accepting the good advice -- clumsy bait and switch -- happens like clockwork around here --

why don't we all grow up -- you can give hard hitting straight forward recommendations without being an a$$ can't you?

And would you stop trying to be some sort of minder, mommy, nanny, moral compass, of which you fail miserably at the latter mind you, miserably, because you can bait and entice like noooooooobody's business! Stop acting like the posters who are defending the "hard hitting" advice are including the jackass comments, just stop it. Stop insulting them. My comment was purely in an exasperated tone, not intended to be helpful, hurtful, sneaky, baiting, or anything else. No one is defending comments like mine, or any others you deem unhelpful. Just stop. Stop. Staaaaaahhhhp. Shhhh. Hush it.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 3:21pm
post #62 of 65

then again, there are some posters on here who cannot fathom someone being able to achieve something they themselves cannot do nor achieving something in a way different than the way they achieved it and are quite vocal/adamant about it so there's that too -- maybe they are insecure --

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 3:42pm
post #63 of 65

A[quote name="-K8memphis" url="/t/780380/big-step/60#post_7559834"]then again, there are some posters on here who cannot fathom someone being able to achieve something they themselves cannot do nor achieving something in a way different than the way they achieved it and are quite vocal/adamant about it so there's that too -- maybe they are insecure --

Totally. Absolutely. You nailed it. You won. Ten points to Griffyndor.

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 5:27pm
post #64 of 65

AOP, the super niche you have found, exists for the bakery you currently work at. It will not support two bakeries. If you are in this to earn a living, rather than the smiles you get when a customer picks up.... Talk to your boss. Tell them you wish to buy them out. Keep your boss on retainer for a year. They can teach you how to run a successful business over this time. As for promoting your business: free cake, Groupon, parking lot fliers, and cold calling are all valid options. This can reach the customers you yearn for that are not currently active on your Instagram/FB accounts.

If you don't want to practice law and accounting, be prepared to pay for these services. Also be prepared to not earn a living wage, for yourself, for quite a while. If you think about this, you may come to the realization you are better off not being the boss, but working for them.

If you have not already done so, look into your local Cottage Food Law. It may restrict you too much. Going off the grid/rogue is not a good option.

Bitzidee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bitzidee Posted 8 Nov 2014 , 5:39pm
post #65 of 65

A

Original message sent by Beatrice Rhoda

Where can I find better cake bordz from?

What exactly is a bordz? Looks like you prefer cardboard and cereal boxes. Cake2AT is also in Baltimore. If you would get your head outcher azz and listen to what these ladiez iz telling u, possibly you might lern something. If you choose to do sloppy work that's your business. I wonder how the real Victoria Beckham is going to like her name associated with sub Walmart cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%