Baseball Hat Cake

Decorating By cakelove2105 Updated 5 Nov 2014 , 6:22pm by valerieb52

cakelove2105 Posted 5 Nov 2014 , 12:09am
post #1 of 3

Hello Baker,

I know pricing is been discussed several times here. However, I'm hoping to get some responses on this.

I'm recreating the cake below. It's a two-layer cake (10'round) butter cream filling and fondant cover. I have in mind charge around $114.00. This includes my base price, ingredients, utilities, delivery (.56 per mile) and my wage per hour. is this price too much? I just need to know what you guys think about my price,I do not want to charge too much but at the same time, I don't want to undercharge.

Additional info about me:I'm a scratch baker. I live in PA

Thank you so much in advance. 

2 replies
cakelove2105 Posted 5 Nov 2014 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 3

Anybody please?

valerieb52 Posted 5 Nov 2014 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 3

AIt actually does not sound too bad, but you should set a base fee for your cakes. That cake is going to be simple for you to make and since you are delivering,that has to be compensated. You can never be compensated for the time you put into making a scratch cake and put your talent and heart and love sweat into creating a cake. People pay cheap for cakes at the grocery stores because there is no love. So, set a 'basic' rate and as you add to your decorating and time costs, incease your fee. No matter how much you charge, when you are done, you will still feel it's too little. You gotta love this. ValerieB

Quote by @%username% on %date%