Cake Pops Help!!!!

Baking By PLady Updated 5 Nov 2014 , 12:53am by PLady

PLady Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 12:03pm
post #1 of 3

AHi my fellow cake friends, I need to make 200 cake pops for Nov 15 2014. When should i start making them. Also do i have to keep them refrigerated until the wedding day?

2 replies
petitecat Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 12:14pm
post #2 of 3

Hiya,

I've read some troubleshooting articles online and this is what came up on one of the blogs:

Q: Do I have to refrigerate my finished cake balls/pops?

• Refrigeration is not typically required for cake balls (unless you are using a perishable frosting). Refrigerating your cake balls/pops can cause condensation on the coating and this moisture will cause the coating to become sticky. Store them in a cool, dry place and they should be fine!

Q: How long will my cake balls/pop stay fresh?

• The candy coating shell acts as a sealant and keeps the cake surprisingly fresh! I have kept mine for just over a week and they still tasted great! Just be sure to store in a cool, dry place.

I think one of the other problems with refrigerating coated cake pops is that your cake might expand when brought to room temperature, causing cracks on the candy coating. This is just my theory, I could be wrong! But it looks like you can make your cake pops several days ahead and coat in candy melts closer to the time if it's more convenient to do it in stages, or do them both (making the cakes and covering in candy) in advance.

PLady Posted 5 Nov 2014 , 12:53am
post #3 of 3

AThank you very much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%