Vintage Wilton Water Fountain... What Are These Parts For?

Decorating By Delynn Updated 4 Nov 2014 , 10:16pm by kakeladi

Delynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delynn Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 7:00am
post #1 of 7

I was just given a VINTAGE (I think) Wilton Kolorflo water fountain (brown cardboard box says "Manufactured in Germany for the Wilton Co. a division of Pillsbury Co."; funny because tissue paper directions say "Made in Taiwan"???  Anyway, I have NO CLUE what these little white rubber cone- shaped pieces are (see attached pic).  At first I thought they were rubber feet for the white & red water flow pistons, because they fit perfectly inside them.  I discovered the white cylinder (piston) which came in the unit, made the water flow slower than the red ones; not mentioned in the instructions.  Anyway, I still can't seem to figure out what the little white rubber cones are for.

Secondly, does anyone have a clue, where exactly, I can get a replacement bulb?  If so please email me a link so I can find it easier.

Thank you in advance  

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 7

the cone shaped things are feet 

Delynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delynn Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you for your reply.  That was my 1st logical guess too BUT the question is... to what?  Since there's already 3 shallow elongated plastic pieces molded as part of the bottom in lieu of actual feet/bumpers, and the 4 holes (see new attachment) don't seem to be in logical spots (evenly spaced near the edge) nor are they all the same size, I'm at a loss.  Hmmm.

-K8memphis Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 7

the feet do not go to that fountain -- they must just be something tossed in for good measure

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 2:22am
post #5 of 7

AI once had one of those vintage fountains :) I never saw those feet. I agree w/K8. I know my hubby got a replacement bulb but........sorry I cannot say how/where. Seems to me it came from Germany.

-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 12:27pm
post #6 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakeladi 

I once had one of those vintage fountains icon_smile.gif I never saw those feet. I agree w/K8.
I know my hubby got a replacement bulb but........sorry I cannot say how/where. Seems to me it came from Germany.

kakeladi -- only thing was they weren't vintage when i/we were using them -- hahaha :-D

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 10:16pm
post #7 of 7

K8 speak for yourself!!   HaHaHa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%