How Do I Make This Cake?

Decorating By 2kats Updated 5 Nov 2014 , 4:57pm by valerieb52

2kats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kats Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 5

I had a bride send me a picture this morning with a cake she would like for her wedding.  She want just the top three tiers, not the ruffles.  I'm not sure how to get this effect of the cake.  Is it just pearls?  Any ideas?

4 replies
remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 5

I am not expert and I am sure the experts here will have the correct answer. To me, it looks like they took the tiniest writing tip and drew the lines on cake then added the pearls on top of the lines. I am just guessing. Pearls come in different sizes so you would probably ask some of the people here what size of pearls to use. I could be wrong so let's see what the others have to say!!

Nerdalie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nerdalie Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 10:05pm
post #3 of 5

That looks right, but there is more buttercream in other areas too. So just use thicker lines if you want to add more pearls

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 2:43am
post #4 of 5

I think I agree w/the others :)

valerieb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieb52 Posted 5 Nov 2014 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 5

AI would suggest you use royal icing to make the lines and mix the sizes of the silver pearls when adding them. Let the royal icing sit a few minutes before adding the pearls and make your pattern in sections because to do a neat job, you will have to take your time...I also love this cake. Have fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%