I Must Be Crazy!

Decorating By victoria3209 Updated 31 Oct 2014 , 8:59pm by victoria3209

victoria3209 Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 4

ASo here is the deal, I am not a professional by any means. Wish I were but I have almost no time right now! BUT my boyfriends birthday is Nov 7th and I have decided to go all out on his cake. I am making a 13x19ish vanilla cake with 3 inner layers of cake with a chocolate and peanut butter filling. I am doing a vanilla BC frosting with MMF for decoration. The top is going to be a wood grain basketball court, sides will be black with white "Louisville" on them. I am doing an orange basketball out of rice crispies and MMF, and making a red UofL jersey with his name and basketball number from high school. I already have my MMF made and tinted, I made it last night. I am doing everything from scratch! I have 3 kids and work full time, so yes I must be crazy! My problem is the jersey! I'm afraid if I get my red fondant thin enough to look realistic I don't know if it will hold! I want it to look like he took a jersey off and tossed it on the floor next to the ball. And tricks or ideas??? Also any suggestions is appreciated! suggestions you all haveThanks!!

3 replies
JSKConfections Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 4

Mix some Tylose powder in with your fondant...so when you "toss" it you can leave it lay on say a piece of parchment to dry and firm up.  I would be making all those extra componants now this weekend so they have time to dry and firm up.  HTH

victoria3209 Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 4

AYeah I was going to do all the stars today and tomorrow after work that way this next week I don't have to rush! I will try the Toulouse powder, never worked with it before!

victoria3209 Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 4

AThat was suppose to read extras, not stars... But anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%