Has Anyone Used Fat Daddio's Proseries Fondant??

Decorating By vervainangel Updated 8 Jun 2016 , 8:14pm by Rae-Anne

vervainangel Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 10

Anyone use Fat Daddio's Proseries fondant?  How does it compare to Satin Ice?  I'm so tired of Satin Ice ripping and cracking.  I have tried everything to get it nice and smooth!! I'm looking to switch fondant brands.  Any suggestions?  I looked at the website that I order from and saw Fat Daddio's brand.

9 replies
ssobel Posted 4 Nov 2014 , 12:13am
post #2 of 10

Hi! Im ordering some and giving it a shot - Satin Ice leaves much to be desired and Fondarific isn't good for every application.  I'll let you know!

janiecakes811 Posted 14 Nov 2014 , 5:16am
post #3 of 10

I recently saw this Fat Daddio's fondant on the site I get my supplies from.  Does anyone know how it compares to the other major brands?

tripleE Posted 20 Jan 2015 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 10

So did anyone try it out?  How did it go?  What's the verdict?

JWinslow Posted 21 Jan 2015 , 2:01am
post #5 of 10

I haven't tried it yet but it is on sale at Global Sugar Art

Ginypher Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 10

I have been using it since October and I LOVE it!!! The taste is great and doesn't overpower the buttercream that I put under it and it has a much better/longer workability than Satin Ice. I like it better than any other fondant that I have tried.:smile: 

I have been getting mine at CakeSupplies4U

tripleE Posted 28 Jan 2015 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 10

Oh, wow!  Thank you, Ginypher!  I will give it a try then!  :)

rychevamp Posted 1 Nov 2015 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 10

I used it for the first time yesterday. Very easy to work with. The biggest surprise was that there were very few air bubbles when rolling it out. I always have a lot of them for some reason. The first roll out had only one, and the second, none. I was really amazed. Dunno if that was a fluke, but I'm impressed. 

As far as taste, it's fondant.  Not much else I can say :).

One thing about their black fondant, it is BLACK. It stained my wooden work table a little, as well as my hands. I finished needing it with gloves on. I only used it for some black branches, but I'm curious if it would stain your mouth. 

I really like it as a whole though. I had better results than Fondx, Chocopan, and Fonderific. 

wlalogg Posted 30 Apr 2016 , 5:23pm
post #9 of 10

I haven't tried the fondant, but their gumpaste is the best I've tried.

Rae-Anne Posted 8 Jun 2016 , 8:14pm
post #10 of 10

I was accustomed to using to Satin Ice before this and let me tell you, this fondant is boss. I live in the Caribbean and I have NO issues. The best fondant I've tasted, hands down.

Quote by @%username% on %date%